I put some more hours in to this custom stitch over the weekend and got it finished for work again on Monday.
Somewhere along the line I must have miscounted a stitch because one part didn’t match up to the pattern I made, but everything still seemed to fit just fine. I’m chalking it up to luck that it all worked out without me having to rip up a bunch of work and redo it.
The lettering was a little tricky – mainly because I’ve not worked with this size Aida cloth (22) on such a large-scale project before. The only work with this count cloth I’ve done was for buttons for a fundraiser. But this piece will fit in a 4×6 frame.
But I really love the way it turned out! I’m not sure what the phrase means – I do know it’s Haitian Creole, requested by the customer. This will also end up as a gift to someone else, so I hope it’s enjoyed!
But this was the last cross stitch project I had lined up. Now that it’s finished, I need to figure out what I’m going to work on next. I have some ideas, but you’ll have to stay tuned to see what’s in store!